22 Strange But True Facts About Dubai
The United Arab Emirates City Dubai. Dubai is located on the southeastern coast of the Persian Gulf in the Arabian Desert.
Area: 35 km
Established: June 9, 1833
Population: 3.331 million (2019)
Currency: UAE dirham
Total area: 1,588 square miles (4,114 sq km)
Country: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Ethnicity: 15% Emirati Arabs, 85% expatriates
National Day: December 2
1. Islam is the authority religion of the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is a predominantly Muslim country, and youll notice it as soon as you land in the city. You will notice a crowd of mosques across the city and Muslims are asked to pray five times a day, referred to as azan which you will hear everywhere. The city is also home to Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and other religious communities. Expatriates and visitors are allowed to follow their own religion without any reaction.
2. Arabic is the official language of Dubai. Although Arabic is the official language of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, English is the most widely spoken language in Dubai. You will find many inhabitants besides Hindi, Urdu, Persian, Bengali, Tamil, Chinese and Malayalam, among many other languages.
3. Dubai and the United Arab Emirates are part of the continent of the Middle East, Africa, although geographers debate which continent is part of it. Dubai is currently considered part of the Asian continent.
4. The largest city in the UAE and well known for the tallest building in the world. The city is also famous for its luxurious shopping, state-of-the-art architecture, glitz and glamor and the luxurious lifestyle of its inhabitants. Dubai is home to the worlds tallest skyscrapers. However, the largest of them allâ€¦ Burj Khalifa, standing at 828 meters (2,717 feet), is the tallest man-made structure in the world. Burj Khalifa can be seen from a distance of 95 kilometers, so people can see it as far as Bahrain or south of Qatar.
5. There are ATMs that distribute gold bars in Dubai. If you want to buy some gold, the Gold to Go ATM machine at Dubai Mall will let you buy anything from 2.5-gram, 24-carat gold coins to one ounce gold bars. And if youre wondering how price works, theres a built-in pricing system that updates prices around real-time to keep up with market fluctuations.
6. Being a popular tourist destination, Dubai has everything you need for your next destination. Luxurious 7-star hotel, state-of-the-art architecture, traditional tourist attractions, artificial islands, a variety of shopping brands and cuisine, and a huge entertainment complex that is even more significant than Disneyland.
7. The number of men is 3 times more than women. There are more men than women in Dubai. According to a recent population report, there are a total of three males for every woman living in the city. Or in percentage, it makes up about 70% male and only 30% female population. The higher proportion of men is because most of the expatriates working in the city are unmarried men or those who have left their families in their country. There are 2.3 males per female in Dubai. According to the latest data released in 2019, there are about 2.3 males per woman in Dubai.
8. Camel racing is a popular pastime in the UAE and robots have now replaced riders.
9. Despite the huge wealth of Michelin-star and celebrity chefs, there is no Michelin-Star guide in Dubai. Although its delicious restaurant army still serves Michelin-worthy food. Check out some of our favorites here.
10. Dubai is the fourth most visited city on the planet after London, Paris and Bangkok.
11. It has the longest automatic metro line in the world. Be proud that you have traveled the longest driverless metro line in the world. Combine the red line (32.37 miles) and the green line (13.98 miles) and you got a Guinness World Record. On this food tour, you will take the subway to take you further from a delicious taste stop.
12. Dubai Mall is perhaps the biggest shopping center on the world! It covers a space of 12 million square meters. It has more than 1200 stores, 26 movie screens and more than 120 cafes and restaurants.
13. Free service for emirates. The UAE offers Dubai residents free education, free medical care and free accommodation. Once they have adequate education, the Dubai government encourages them to get jobs so that they can pay for the benefits offered to them. This is not only a fact about Dubai but it is quite common in most countries of the world. But the issue in the UAE is that foreigners cannot get UAE citizenship.
14. The Golden Car is well known for the luxurious lifestyle of the residents of Dubai. This may sound strange to you, but here people make their own cars made of gold. And if you visit the fancy locales of Dubai, this view can be quite common.
15. Dubai was once called the capital of the worlds cranes because about 25% of the worlds cranes operated in Dubai. Currently, the percentage is reduced by 20%.
16. We have often heard that Dubai economy consists mainly of its oil sales. However, you would be quite surprised that only 6% of oil sales contribute to Dubai economy. A large part of the citys economy comes from real estate and tourism.
17. Another truth about the worlds largest gold chain Dubai, the Dubai Celebration Chain has become the largest gold chain in the world with a length of approximately 5 km and a huge weight of 240 kg. It was created by Dubai Gold and Jewelery Group (DGJG) to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF). This 22 carat gold chain represents a pioneer of craftsmanship and took 45 days and 100 artisans to create this beauty.
18. Terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport is, in fact, the largest airport terminal in the world. It is no less than a shopping mall. It has a 5-star hotel - Dubai International Hotel, lots of apple stores, a swimming pool, a gym, snoozecubes, jacuzzis and not one, but two Zen gardens! This will make your lever at the Dubai airport quite neat. Dubai International Airport is additionally the second most active air terminal in Asia. This airport also has the fastest Wi-Fi speed of any airport in the world!
19. There is a Guinness World Record office in Dubai. Dubai and the UAE as a whole have broken so many records in the last ten years that Guinness World Records has set up an office in Dubai to easily maintain and verify all these records.
20. Dubai has no street address or zip code system. Another interesting fact about Dubai is that the rate at which the city has expanded means that no address, zip or postal system has been implemented. Inhabitants should give headings dependent on neighborhood tourist spots, draw a guide or allude to explicit directions along the line "After the white Mosque, the second house on the right, the wooden door".
21. Dubai Police Force uses super cars such as Ferrari FF and Lamborghini Aventador as police cars. Dubai police force has the worlds fastest car worth up to $ 8.5 million. From Bugatti to Lamborghini and everything in between.
22. Dubai As a city of gold, Dubai has a rich gold trade market that plays a major role in the economy. Residents love gold so much that 40% of the worlds physical gold trade goes through cities. Dubai is famous for its gold market, and Gold Souk has more than 250 gold shops. It is said that one out of every five people in Dubai buys at least five pieces of jewelry a year. If you also want to get some of these gold activities, go to Gold Souk for lots of precious stones and jewelry.
Tags: facts about dubai, dubai facts, dubai, amazing facts about dubai in english, facts, dubai facts in english, amazing facts about dubai, interesting facts about dubai, facts about dubai in english, unknown facts about dubai, dubai city, 10 amazing facts about dubai, dubai amazing facts, facts about dubai city, top 10 facts about dubai, facts about dubai in english, 10 surprising facts about dubai, about dubai, dubai mall, amazing facts of dubai