Eating watermelon causes food poisoning

Eating watermelon causes food poisoning

Eating watermelon causes food poisoning

Juicy watermelon can soothe the heat. Watermelon This fruit is as tasty as it is full of water. But there are concerns about how safe this fruit is. Many people get food poisoning after eating watermelon. There are two main reasons behind the poisoning of these fruits.

The first is the artificial colors and flavors used in the results. The second reason is that the fruit grows in areas contaminated with harmful soil bacteria.

Although watermelons do not naturally contain bacteria that can make you sick, their outer skin or pores can become contaminated because watermelons are grown close to the ground. Eating watermelon contaminated with harmful bacteria can make you sick.

Watermelon sellers use toxic food dyes like erythrosine to make a profit. Watermelons get their natural red color from the generally beneficial antioxidant lycopene. But red-pink color is used to make watermelon attractive. An attempt is made to attract buyers by showing the fruit fresh and juicy. These paints may contain harmful chemicals such as lead or methanol. This results in symptoms such as fever, diarrhea, vomiting and cramps or pain. It can also cause food poisoning, digestive problems. 

Also, it can be more serious if the problem is caused by bacteria in the soil. Such fruits have more harmful effects on pregnant mothers and young children. Apart from other common problems, cases like miscarriage can also occur after consuming such fruits. For this reason, the fruit brought from outside cannot be eaten directly. To ensure good health for yourself and your family, try to keep fruits free of contamination. 

Scroll to Top